The California Desert Association of REALTORS® is adopting a number of changes in response to COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus. These decisions were made in an effort to protect the health and safety of our members and staff, and came from discussion with CDAR leadership and management based on information and advice provided by local and state authorities, as well as C.A.R. and NAR.
We will continue to update you, our members, as new information is released, so please stay tuned to this page for any updates.
The California Association of REALTORS® conducted a membership poll on how the Coronavirus is affecting their business. To download the results from this membership survey, please click here.
In addition to their public phone line, the Department of Real Estate is temporarily answering Licensing related questions by email at Ask.DRELicensing@dre.ca.gov.
Staff responding to these emails will have access to limited information and can only answer general licensing and examination questions, such as how does one apply for a license or what are the requirements to renew a license, etc. This email feature cannot provide information about individual applicant statuses, such as when will a renewal be processed, when an exam will be scheduled or why did one get a deficiency letter. For specific questions about application statuses, please contact Licensing at (877) 373-4542.
Emails will be answered in the order they are received. Please expect a 48 hour turn around for an emailed response. Also, be sure to check your spam or junk folders for responses.
Notice courtesy of the Department of Real Estate Licensing Program
In lieu of COVID-19 and in supporting C.A.R.’s recommendations, the California Desert Association of REALTORS® is temporarily changing the handling of “Hold” status listings in the FLEX MLS system, including the enforcement of rules for the status.
Please note that the listing should only be put into “Hold” by request of the seller and that documentation should be obtained to this effect, as CDAR may request this information. The changes for “Hold” listing status is effective immediately and read as follows:
• DIM (Days in MLS) Will Stop Counting in “Hold” Status
While the listing is in “Hold” status, the DIM (Days in MLS) will not accumulate on the listing.
• The Listing Brokerage/Agent May Advertise Property
If set to “Hold” status, the listing brokerage/agent can continue advertising the property. This will not be considered a violation of the CDAR MLS Rules and Regulations at this time.
• You May NOT Show Property While Listing is in “Hold” Status
While you may continue to advertise the listing, showings of the property is not allowed. This follows C.A.R. guidelines that all physical open houses and private showings should cease.
• Listings Will Feed to Datashare Partners As “Hold” Status
While the listing is in “Hold” status, the listing will continue to feed to our datashare partners, displaying in “Hold” status.
• The “Hold” Listing Will Also Feed to Some Third Party Vendors
Our third party vendors have different rules as to how they display the listings. Some may show as “off market/not for sale”. This does not preclude the listing brokerage or listing agent from marketing the property while under “Hold” status.
• Listings Will Remain in “Hold” Until Changed By the Listing Brokerage or the Listing Agent
Unless it is changed by the listing brokerage or listing agent, the listing will remain on “Hold” if placed in that status.
• “Hold” Listings that Expire Will Change to “Expired” Status
If a listing expires while in the “Hold” status, the listing will flip to expired at the expiration date of the listing.
• If Placed “Active”, DIM Will NOT Calculate From Hold Period
If the listing is placed from “Hold” back to “Active” status, the time that the listing was in “Hold” status will NOT be calculated into the DIM (Days in MLS) once the listing is made “Active.”
The California Association of REALTORS® has issued a statement regarding the California Governor’s statewide Stay at Home Order issued Thursday night, and their guidance that the real estate industry is not exempt from this prohibition.
The official C.A.R. statement can be found here.
The California Desert Association of REALTORS® is now offering Curbside Service as our newest member benefit! Call ahead to the CDAR Office at 760-346-5637 and purchase your items, drive over to our office on Monterey Avenue, and we’ll deliver them right to your car!
You don’t even have to enter the building – we’ll bring your purchased items directly to your car door! Just call us and let us know that you’ve arrived for prompt delivery. Items include…
STORE ITEMS: Contact the CDAR office and purchase all of your store items ahead, and delivered directly to your car, such as: Signs and Riders; Metal Frame Sign Holders; A-Frames; Metal Stakes; Corrugated Signs; Flyer Boxes; REALTOR® Swag …and more!
LOCKBOXES: We will also program and provide Lockboxes right to your car window! Call ahead, provide your info, make your purchase, and boxes are ready for pickup in just 15 minutes!
For any questions about CDAR Curbside Service, contact the CDAR office today at 760-346-5637.
A number of sites have been created to provide you with regular updates on COVID-19 and its impact on real estate. We recommend continually checking these sites as daily updates are often provided:
• CDAR will remain open and operational during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM. However, as staff is limited at the Corporate Office, the doors are locked during business hours. Staff is available by phone and e-mail.
• CDAR offers Curbside Service. More info on this new member benefit can be read above.
• Committee meetings will be conducted virtually through Zoom meeting as necessary. The staff liaison will be in contact with their committee members regarding these meetings.
• The CDAR Marketing Meetings have been cancelled until mid-April.
• Training sessions will be offered virtually via webinar, and dates, times, and methods of accessibility will be notified to membership when they are scheduled.
• Events in March such as the the YPN Engage event on March 24th and the 2020 Affiliate and Builders Expo on March 31st have been cancelled. Those who have purchased tickets can either be refunded or keep their place when the events are rescheduled.
• New Member Orientation on March 27th has been cancelled.
• Events and classes in April, including the CDAR Marketing Meeting on April 2nd, the DACIE Marketing Meeting on April 2nd, the zipForm Training on April 3rd, the Membership Mixer on April 7th and the General Membership Meeting on April 9th, have been cancelled.
• The CDAR Scholarship Golf Tournament on May 4th will still take place as scheduled, but will be evaluated and a decision made in the coming weeks.
We will continue to keep you updated as we closely monitor the situation. We thank you for your patience during this time and we all ask that you stay safe and be careful.
Here are tips on how to mitigate exposure to COVID-19:
• Avoid Physical Contact and Large Gatherings. COVID-19 is often passed on via physical contact. It is recommended that you refrain from hugging, shaking hands, or any other sort of physical contact with others. This also applies to avoiding touching your face, including your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Wash Your Hands Thoroughly. It is recommended that you wash your hands very vigorously for twenty to thirty seconds with water and soap. This limits the spread of the virus.
• Stay Informed. Make sure to listen to trusted health professionals such as the World Health Organization which has an abundance of information and suggestions in regards to COVID-19.