For those that were unable to attend our March GMM with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians Tribal Staff on residential transactions on Indian leased land, or were looking for information on what they discussed, both organizations were kind enough to provide their PowerPoint presentations from the meeting.
You can find the Bureau of Indian Affairs' PowerPoint here and the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians PowerPoint here. If you have more detailed questions or are looking for more information, please visit the BIA’s website at bia.gov and the ACBCI’s website at aguacaliente.org.
We thank everyone that attended the meeting, and invite to our April general membership meeting, where we will be honoring CDAR members who have been a part of the association for over 30 years and a special zipForms presentation from Fatima Sogueco of the California Association of REALTORS®. We hope to see you there!
The CDAR MLS Rules and Regulations have just been approved by the National Association of REALTORS®, and can be found here. The updated rules now include a breakdown of the MLS violations and the fine structure for these violations. We ask that you take a moment to review these updated rules for any and all changes and updates.
Days in MLS is currently live. The MLS will display Days In MLS (DIM) in place of Days On Market (DOM). This will allow listings to be properly tracked as to how many days a listing has been active within your MLS system.
- DIM will accumulate daily for Active and Contingent Listings only.
- DIM will not accumulate during these listing statuses: Hold, Pending, Withdrawn, Cancelled, Leased, Expired and Sold.
- With each new listing number DIM will restart to show zero days.
- Each listing will continue to display its original history which will allow you to manually calculate how many days total a listing has been on the market.
For those that were unable to attend our January GMM with Gov Hutchinson for the 2017 Legal Update, here is a quick recap of some of the things you need to know and should be aware of:
• The new and updated laws for the upcoming 2017 year were covered, from team name updates to new plumbing and fixture laws. A recap of the law changes can be found here. Also covered were updates to forms for the 2017 year, including the "Bed Bug" form, the "Summary of Offer" form, and more. For more information about upcoming forms, you can visit C.A.R.'s form page here (you must log into C.A.R. to access this information).
• You can now download the C.A.R. Legal Hotline app to access all the important legal updates, issues, and alerts on your tablet, smartphone, or other mobile device. Download it today for free at the App Store or Google Play.