CDAR Privacy Notice
Use of Information
- We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as CDAR online and print.
- Notify you of updates to our site.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our site.
- The limited purpose of notifying you of CDAR approved promotions.
- Exhibitors at CDAR trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by CDAR
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by CDAR
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
We use this information to:
CDAR does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages that have been approved by CDAR for the following purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
REALTOR® / Affiliate Directory
Directors and Committee Members
For use by the members of CDAR, we make available on the Web site the names of members who are serving as directors or committee members of CDAR
Like most sites on the Internet, our Web site contains a feature that allows you to contact us with your comments or questions. To use this feature, there is a link at the bottom of each page on our Web site which you can click that will lead you the the "Contact Us" page. From there you will be introduced to the different ways of contacting CDAR. You will need to provide us with certain information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone and fax number and your address, including your city and state. The information collected through the "Contact Us" feature is used to solely to investigate and respond to your inquiries. If you are a member, we may also use the information you provide to update our membership records.
Links to Other Sites
We may from time to time create and use surveys on our Web site. Most surveys are simple "click box" surveys where you click a box on the screen to indicate your response. However, we may from time to time ask you for your name, email address or demographic information. If a survey does ask you this information, we will not use it for any purpose other than to complete the survey, compile statistics and update member records.
We may from time to time run contests on our Web site. If our contests require you to provide personal or demographic information, we will not use this information for any purpose other than to complete the contest and update member records.
Like many other sites on the Internet, we sell advertising space on our Web site to other companies. The advertising space we sell is usually in the form of an electronic "advertisement banner." An advertisement banner is essentially a graphic link to the actual Internet site of the advertiser. While we hope you find our advertiser¹s products helpful, we cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices of our advertisers. Therefore, like any other Internet site you may visit, we encourage you to become knowledgeable of the privacy policies and practices of our advertisers prior to providing information on their sites.
Public Chat Rooms or Forums
We from time to time may provide chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups on our Web site. While we feel these features will be helpful to the users of our Web site, we will not monitor them regularly nor will we be we responsible for what is said on or done as result of them. Please remember that any information you disclose on these types of features will be accessible to the public and you should exercise caution prior to disclosing any personal information on these features.
We have adopted what we consider to be reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, theft, misuse and alteration of information collected through our Web site. However, if you are concerned about the security of the Internet or our Web site, we suggest that you not provide this information. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today's technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Our Web site does not currently attempt to collect or solicit information from persons who are under the age of eighteen. However, given the anonymous nature of the Internet, it is possible that someone under the age of eighteen may access our Web site and provide us with personal information. If this situation occurs and it is brought to our attention, we will not use the information in any way without prior parental consent and we will take all reasonable steps to prevent it from occurring again.
Contacting our Web Site