The CDAR MLS Rules and Regulations have just been approved by the National Association of REALTORS®, and can be found here. The updated rules now include a breakdown of the MLS violations and the fine structure for these violations. We ask that you take a moment to review these updated rules for any and all changes and updates.
Days in MLS is currently live. The MLS will display Days In MLS (DIM) in place of Days On Market (DOM). This will allow listings to be properly tracked as to how many days a listing has been active within your MLS system.
- DIM will accumulate daily for Active and Contingent Listings only.
- DIM will not accumulate during these listing statuses: Hold, Pending, Withdrawn, Cancelled, Leased, Expired and Sold.
- With each new listing number DIM will restart to show zero days.
- Each listing will continue to display its original history which will allow you to manually calculate how many days total a listing has been on the market.
For those that were unable to attend our January GMM with Gov Hutchinson for the 2017 Legal Update, here is a quick recap of some of the things you need to know and should be aware of:
• The new and updated laws for the upcoming 2017 year were covered, from team name updates to new plumbing and fixture laws. A recap of the law changes can be found here. Also covered were updates to forms for the 2017 year, including the "Bed Bug" form, the "Summary of Offer" form, and more. For more information about upcoming forms, you can visit C.A.R.'s form page here (you must log into C.A.R. to access this information).
• You can now download the C.A.R. Legal Hotline app to access all the important legal updates, issues, and alerts on your tablet, smartphone, or other mobile device. Download it today for free at the App Store or Google Play.
CDAR Announces Management Agreement with EVAR
The California Desert Association of REALTORS® (CDAR) and East Valley Association of REALTORS® (EVAR) are pleased to announce that they are entering into a Management Agreement for EVAR to provide management services to CDAR. The services will include providing senior management of the CDAR office and staff, and promoting the goals and objectives of the Board of Directors.
EVAR brings to the relationship an experienced and highly efficient management team led by Annette Coffey, Association Executive. CDAR is the largest Association in the low desert and provides a full service menu of REALTOR® services to the real estate community, including the operation of home sponsored and operated multiple listing service.
Speaking about the new agreement, Dianna Alwerth, president of EVAR noted: “EVAR is excited to partner with the California Desert Association of REALTORS® (CDAR) to provide the products and services to optimize and energize the desert real estate profession.”
CDAR, led by president Judy Horn, stated, “This relationship will greatly benefit all of the real estate professionals in our community and continue to assure CDAR is the leader in providing a full menu of real estate services to our members and the community.”
Inquiries concerning this release should be directed to Judy Horn, CDAR President, 760-285-5077.